- All employees whose jobs may expose them to blood are to receive Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Always use Universal Precautions! Treat all human blood and body fluids as if they were infectious.
- Always wash your hands and any other skin with soap and water, or flush mucous membranes with water immediately or as soon as possible following contact with blood or potentially infectious materials.
- Employees who may have contacted blood should summon the set medic immediately. Report the contact toFirst Aid (x4-1201) for follow-up protocol.
- All blood should be cleaned up with disinfectants (i.e. 100% bleach) by a BBP trained person.