Skip to content
- Never move the ladder while on it.
- Whenever possible, face the ladder and maintain three points of contact while climbing up or down.
- Avoid overreaching (the limit is one arm length either side, without leaning the body past the side rails.)
- Only one person should be on a ladder at a time.
- Reposition the ladder to reach new areas. Never overreach, push, pull or “walk” the ladder while working on it.
- Do not stand on or hang from costume racks.
- Always report unsafe conditions or accidents to your supervisor or to the Anonymous Safety Hotline (X4-2800).