Skip to content
- Use personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection and respirators when appropriate.
- Make sure work area is clean and clear of all hazards.
- Clean up spills as soon as they happen.
- Use caution when moving equipment into or out of a shop. Use a spotter when necessary.
- Locate such items as fire extinguishers and eye wash stations so you can find them in the event of an emergency.
- Use lock-out tag-out on equipment that is not to be started or moved.
- Always use the proper tools for the job. See your supervisor for any special tools.
- Inspect equipment routinely (i.e. drop cords for loose or frayed ends). Report all defects to your supervisor for repair or replacement.
- Never get under any equipment supported only by a jack. Always use the proper stands.
- Make sure the full weight is resting on the stand and the equipment is secure.
- Use only jacks that are in good condition and proper tonnage for your application. Report any defective jack or stands to your supervisor. Do not use them.