Skip to content
Pallet Jacks and Trucks
- Use only the neutral position when maneuvering loads to reduce operator fatigue.
- Avoid the movement of loads up or down ramps whenever possible.
- If you have to make an emergency stop on a ramp, stop the truck by lowering the load.
- Always work uphill from the pallet truck when moving loads up or down a ramp.
- Pull rather than push loads on long-distance moves. This will make it easier to see where you’re going and to steer the load.
- No riding on pallet jacks/trucks unless approved by the manufacturer.
- Park the pallet truck out of traffic areas in a safe, level place with the handle up and forks lowered.
- See to it that the load you are handling is stable and avoid overloading.
- Position the forks evenly under the load for safer movement and easier positioning.
- Check routes in advance to make sure ramps, elevators and dock boards can handle the load.
- Always operate at a controllable speed.