Skip to content
Rolling Recycle Bins (Toters)
- When picking up materials using the blue rolling recycle bins (known as “toters”), do not lower the toters down staircases. Use the elevators for this task when they are available.
- If no elevator is available, break the load down into the smaller, lighter, more manageable “Slim Jims” before using the stairs.
- When emptying the toters or “Slim Jims” into the large recycling dumpsters, take the following precautions:
- Use proper lifting techniques (see “LIFTING”).
- Wear gloves and other PPE if appropriate.
- Never stand on or in the dumpster.
- Never stand on the railings of your electric cart.
- Make sure the lid of the dumpster is open completely and secured so it does not slam shut unexpectedly.