Skip to content
- Always wear personal protective equipment such as gloves and safety goggles when using the sander. If you choose to wear a respirator, read the Code of Safe Practices entitled “Respirators.”
- See to it that that sanding belts are not too tight or too loose. Never operate a sanding disk if the paper is too loose.
- Use the correct grade of abrasive material.
- See to it that that the distance between a circular sander and the edge of the table is not greater than ¼ inch.
- Do not push materials against sanders with excessive force.
- Sand only on the down stroke side of a disk sander.
- Do not hold small pieces by hand. Use a jig for pieces that are difficult to hold securely.
- Read the Code of Safe Practices entitled “Lockout/Tagout.”