Skip to content
Scaffold Users – General
- Only employees who have been properly trained to do so may work from scaffolds.
- Do not use scaffolds that do not have proper guardrails, mid rails and toe boards (as appropriate).
- Do not overload scaffolds. Follow the manufacturer’s or construction coordinators safe working load recommendations.
- Do not climb cross braces. Use only approved access ladders or steps and use both hands while climbing. When climbing, always maintain three points of contact.
- Do not stand on guardrails, ladders or makeshift devices on top of scaffolds to gain greater height.
- Never use scaffolds where contact can be made with live electrical circuits or power lines. Always maintain safe clearance from any electrical source.
- Never apply shock loads to the scaffold platform. (Never jump down onto the platform.)
- Do not remove top or mid rails or toeboards.
- Do not leave trash or debris on scaffolds.
- Prior to working below the scaffolds, make sure overhead protection (i.e. toeboards) are in place.
- Wear your hardhat when exposed to overhead hazards.