Skip to content
Scaffold Users – General
- Do not use scaffolds that do not have proper guards rails, mid rails and toe boards (as appropriate).
- Do not overload scaffolds. Follow manufacturer’s safe working load recommendations.
- Do not climb cross braces. Use only approved access ladders or steps and use both hands while climbing.
- Do not stand on guardrails, ladders or makeshift devices on top of scaffolds to gain greater height.
- Never use scaffolds where contact can be made with live electrical circuits or power lines. Always maintain safe clearance (minimum of 10 ft.) from any electrical source.
- Never apply shock loads to the scaffold platform. (Never jump down onto the platform.)
- Do not remove top or mid rails or toeboards.
- Do not leave trash or debris on scaffolds.
- Prior to working below the scaffolds, make sure overhead protection (i.e. toeboards) are in place.
- Wear your hardhat when exposed to overhead hazards.