Skip to content
Whiteman Power Buggy
- Operate the Whiteman Power Buggy only if you are trained and authorized to do so.
- Wear all the protective clothing or personal protection equipment issued to you or called for by job conditions. (hardhat, gloves, earplugs, safety glasses, etc.)\
- Put all controls in “park” position before starting up.
- After starting, recheck all controls to make sure everything is functioning correctly.
- Be extra careful when reversing directions, as maximum speeds can change.
- Operate the controls smoothly – don’t jerk the steering or any controls. Avoid sharp turns and sudden stops.
- Never climb on the buggy or dump mechanism, or allow others to do so.
- Buggy is for one person only. DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO RIDE ON THE BUGGY.
- When traveling on inclines, slopes, ramps and downgrades, observe the following:
a. LOADED BUGGY – point bucket UPHILL
b. EMPTY BUGGY – point bucket DOWNHILL.
- Correct shutdown is important to safe operation. Follow these general steps:
- Come to a full stop.
- Set parking brake.
- Idle engine for gradual cooling.
- Shut off engine.
- Cycle hydraulic controls to eliminate residual pressure.
- Remove ignition key on electric start models.
- Block wheels if on a slope or incline.
- Dismount carefully using three-point contact and facing the buggy. NEVER JUMP OFF THE BUGGY.
- Do not leave buggy in the vicinity of ovens, furnaces or radiant heaters as explosion could result.
- Follow safe fueling procedures (see Fueling Operations.)