Earthquake Action Plan
IN THE EVENT OF AN EARTHQUAKE
1. DUCK, COVER AND HOLD UNTIL SHAKING STOPS
2. FOLLOW ADVICE OF EMERGENCY PERSONNEL OR BUILDING MANAGEMENT AS TO WHETHER TO EVACUATE.
3. REMEMBER: YOUR ASSEMBLY AREA MAY BE INACCESSIBLE, SO EMERGENCY PERSONNEL WILL TELL YOU WHERE TO GO IN THE EVENT OF AN EVACUATION.
4. IF SOMEONE IS SERIOUSLY INJURED, CALL 4-3333.
1. Stay away from and face away from glass and windows.
2. Stay away from outside doors and walls and anything that could fall, such as lighting fixtures or large furniture.
3. Stay inside until shaking stops and it is safe to go outside.
4. Be aware that the electricity may go out or the sprinkler systems or fire alarms may turn on. Consider keeping a small flashlight at your workstation.
5. DO NOT use the elevators until building management indicates that it is safe to do so.
6. If you are ordered to evacuate a building by competent authority, do so immediately.
If inside a soundstage:
1. Stay inside and move toward the outer perimeters of the sound stage (4-foot perimeter), preferably in proximity to load bearing structures or a corner.
2. If sitting in the bleachers, drop between the seats, cover your head and neck with your arms and hands until the shaking stops.
3. Stay clear of Elephant doors
4. Immediately make yourself aware of any overhead dangers before fixing your position.
5. Attempt to get shelter or create a void under a sturdy object or piece of furniture.
1. Stay there.
2. Move away from buildings, streetlights, and utility wires.
3. Once in the open, stay there until the shaking stops and the building you desire to enter is declared safe by competent authority.